Friday, February 25, 2011

Pre-employment screening

Don't we all have a secret list of questions we wish someone would ask us when we are interviewing for a job? Besides hearing anything that wasn't pre-masticated by the HR folks, it would be refreshing if someone asked about the books you were reading, the blogs you follow, whether you can make a perfectly silken lemon curd, or about your favorite xkcd panel. You might wonder why I'm having HR daydreams, all that diet soda finally got to her? Nope, I'm in the process of applying for an academic administrative position and I've got applications, references and transdisciplinarity on the brain...which made me think of this, my favorite xkcd:



If I get the job I'll order a print for my office. My field isn't even mentioned so it should be safe for the hallowed halls... unless, of course, I'm around certain kinds of physicists...

ps--Okay, I admit that I probably miss 55.539478% of the jokes in the strip, like in this one, my nsfw favorite. It's okay, you don't have to explain it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment